FEC HEMS-Star® Portable Helipad Lighting System
HEMS-Star® rechargeable battery powered LED helipad lighting system. Designed for rapid deployment to provide safe and effective marking at designated or ad-hoc helicopter landing areas.
HEMS-Star® is the upgraded version of the popular HeliLight System which has been operational in the field for two years and used at multiple locations by HEMS operators including:
- HEMS-Star® system extends operating hours.
- Portable and lightweight – a full case weighs only 10.6 Kg.
- Versatile - Red, blue, green, white visible LEDs and infrared to support pilots wearing Night Vision Goggles (NVGs).
- HEMS-Star® is rechargeable in its case via mains at 100-240V AC, vehicles at 13.5-28VDC, solar or wind power. Mains PSU is capable of charging 8 lights from fully exhausted to fully charged in 3.5 hours.
- HEMS-Star® is IP65 rated and fitted with rubber soled stainless steel base for stability. Successfully tested at the Sikorsky Development Flight Center in Florida for stability under the full rotor wash of a Chinook.
- HEMS-Star® achieved FCC certification for operation in the USA and CE certification for the European Union.
Air to Ground Control
HEMS-Star® are pilot activation enabled and fitted with an 868 MHz (915 MHz in the USA) UHF transceiver.
- Each light or set of lights can be programmed, interrogated and controlled by wireless commands.
- HEMS-Star® via FEC Remote Lighting controller can be switched on from the aircraft operational via VHF at a line of sight at ranges in excess of 10km.
- HEMS-Star® can be controlled remotely via a PC/Tablet with the USB-UHF transceiver.