FEC Heliports MIL-Star®: Portable Tactical Heliport Lighting System with NVG compatible IR
MIL-Star® rechargeable battery powered LED helipad lighting system is designed for fast deployment and use by advancing military forces in temporary and emergency situations.
Provides safe and effective marking at designated or ad-hoc helicopter landing zones.
Tried and Trusted
MIL-Star® is the upgraded military version of the popular HeliLight System. Our portable lighting systems are used by:
- The United Nations peacekeeping mission in Mali
- The Philippine Navy
- The Bangladeshi Army
- The Mexican Navy
Deployed on a global scale in the United Kingdom, the USA,Ukraine, Mozambique, Kenya, The United Arab Emirates, Malta, The Philippines and Japan.
- Application - Covert and FLIR operations. Effective marking of helicopter landing zones that can be identified at night from distances up to 10 Miles (16km).
- Each MIL-Star® has NVG compatible red, blue, green, white visible LED’s and infra-red and is programmable to show steady -on, flash warning, location beacon or Morse Code with the option of automatic sunset switching.
- MIL-Star® is rechargeable in its case via mains at 100-240V AC, wind or solar power vehicles at 13.5-28VDC. Mains PSU is capable of charging 8 lights from fully exhausted to fully charged in 3.5 hours.
- MIL-Star® is fitted with a rubber soled stainless steel base and is IP65 rated. Successfully tested for stability under the full rotor wash of a Chinook.
- MIL-Star® has FCC certification for operation in the US and CE certification for the European Union.
Remote Pilot Control
MIL-Star® are pilot activation enabled and fitted with an 868 MHz (915 MHz in the USA) UHF transceiver.
- Each light or set of lights can be programmed, interrogated and controlled by wireless commands.
- MIL-Star® can be switched on from the aircraft using an in case Mobile Lighting Controller transceiver operational via VHF at line of sight ranges in excess of 10km.
- MIL-Star® can be operated remotely via a PC/Tablet with the USB-UHF transceiver.