FEC Heliports Prohibited Landing Marker
For certain operational or technical reasons an installation may have to prohibit helicopter operations. In such circumstances, where the helideck cannot be used, the 'closed' state of the helideck should be indicated by use of the international standard "landing prohibited" signal, yellow cross on red background, given in the Rules of the Air and Traffic Control Regulations, except that it has been altered in size to just cover the letter 'H' inside the aiming circle (TD/PM).
Standards for Offshore helicopter landing areas - CAP 437
Seventh Edition incorporating - Amendment 01/2023 Jan 2023
Helicopter operations support equipment: Chapter 6:6.30 & 6.31
ICAO Doc 9261 - Heliport Manual - Fifth Edition,2021
Chapter 2. Heliport Data 126.96.36.199 i)5)
FEC Heliports Prohibited Landing Marker is constructed of a material that is classified as an industrial grade super heavy duty.
- Our Prohibited Landing Marker is the only one available to the industry that comes complete with a 5-year warranty.
- Manufactured from the highest quality heavy duty PVC with durability suitable for the most demanding of offshore requirements.
Strength & Endurance
- The 650gsm PVC is the strongest premade PVC Prohibited Landing Marker on the market with a tear stop weave pattern. When you look closely at the fabric it looks like there is a checker pattern ingrained into the material. This is the tear stop weave to promote the tear to generally stop on one of these lines.
- Dimensions: 4m x 4m Red with a diagonal yellow cross and has 50mm Welded Hem with SP4 Spur Tooth Eyelets 5 on each side, complete with 15m long blue 6mm Poly Rope to enable tie down.
- Fabric - PVC Rubberised Vinyl Material with a thickness of 650gsm.
- If the Prohibited Landing Marker is damaged it can be repaired rather than replaced.
- Ultra violet stabilised ensuring long life and is fire resistant.